Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving with nearly *all* the family!

We were so blessed to have both sides of the family come for Thanksgiving.  We had an amazing time and I'm also super thankful for the family members' grace and patience (and help!) as I'm not used to hosting and feeding that many people.  I'm getting up the learning curve so next time will hopefully be smoother all around (and I won't need so much help in the kitchen!).

I didn't take nearly enough pictures so if I get more from Tim (who took a lot more), I'll add some later.  I really, really didn't take enough photos of our wonderful families!

Overall an amazing few days.  Our families are wonderful and amazing and we're so glad they made the effort to all travel here for such a meaningful holiday.

First order of business - making sure Silas feels welcomed

Gammy and Poppy at Grandparents' Day at Anna's school (they also went to Meredith's school but not sure any photos of that event were taken!)


Arlington Cemetery.  Boy, was it a cold one that day.  Silas, Gammy and I went back inside to keep him warm so we missed the changing of the guard.  So I call dibs on getting to take Silas back sometime to see it (when it's not so cold!!)





Turkey Trot time.  The family that runs together on Thanksgiving morning gets to eat as much as we want at Thanksgiving (or something like that)

The littlest of our pilgrims in the run


Big crowd and you can see the capital over by the starting line arch





Most of the pilgrims in the race (just missing the Asheville Puryears)




We sadly came home from the race to find a sick and sad Silas.  Our pediatrician is open every day and they squeezed him in to make sure all was well.  Poor little guy.  Fortunately he perked up later in the day

The girls decorated some turkey cupcakes for us

Kids reading off from our gratitude tree - we all have *much* to be grateful for in our families







Silas liked playing with Jane and the apples

Tackling the turkey


The kids' table (during)


Kids' table (before)

Grown up table (1)

Grown up table (2)

Mt. Vernon excursion



Nice view of the Potomac River from the porch on the main house


McKuin siblings - we're still a good-looking crew, right??  



George Washington looks like he is ready to push Silas' stroller!

Gammy and Poppy earning their keep for the stay by putting furniture together! They did a great job!


No comments: