Monday, November 7, 2016

Guest blog: Jane says, "It's all Greek to me!"


This is Jane, and I went to Greece on a school trip! I thought it was going to be a little boring and I would get homesick but after the first night, I had an awesome time. I loved hanging out with my friends and taking responsibility for getting myself up and down to meals on time. We had to present a speech about ancient Greece, my topic was about Greek pottery and art. I didn't have the best partner, but it was fun to work with him. We went around Greece in groups, none of my best friends were in my group but other friends were, plus I made/got closer to other girls along the way. Here are some of the photos that I took on the camera that mom gave to me as a early Christmas present.


Drop off at school


The beehive tomb/Agamemnon's tomb. Everything got stolen, so we were able to go inside and see the round ceiling that the robbers came through.

In Abu Dhabi we don't have snails, so I took a photo of it. Turns out to be a pretty picture in my opinion.

This dog followed us up a mountain with the Lion's Gate on it. Some people were scared of him but the dog would just run past them while they are busy running away.

Lots of bus rides and some were very long. This was on the first day when it was scheduled to be cold and rainy. I sat next to my friend Tamara, which was also in my traveling group!

Old pottery I found at an art place, I thought it was beautiful next to the wild flowers.

Recycled art

Amazing view after climbing up 800 steps, totally worth it.

Shopping break

At the Epidaurus Theatre with my good friend Brenli.

Friends having a little fun

Pretty view of the old Greek ruins

We went to the zoo and saw animals that we can't see here.

This cheetah was so close to the fence, I could have touch his paw if I had wanted to.

Happy friends!

More pretty ruins at sunset

Happy kid in Greece!

At the Temple of Poseidon overlooking the great sea.


More photos from the chaperones:

Jane and Elif




Giving speech



Jane and Elif




No comments: