![]() |
| Amazingly she let me take her picture on her first day with glasses. Was very opposed to this idea when we picked them up. |
![]() |
| Regan made May Day baskets for the girls after school today. |
Jane failed the vision screen at school (thank goodness for free vision screens at school to catch this sort of thing). Her vision was completely off my radar screen until I got those screening results back. It took me a while (okay, a couple of months...) to finally get an appointment made. In the meantime, I tested her vision a bit and once I asked her about telling me the time on a clock on the airport wall on our spring break trip and her response was, "What clock?" I knew then that she probably needed glasses! It hasn't affected her ability at school although she did say that once or twice she couldn't read what her teacher wrote on the white board.
After a lot of research (and the first place never answering their phone after about 20 calls over 4-5 days), I finally found a place where I felt comfortable taking her. The appointment was at 10:00 so I decided it wasn't worth taking her to school so not only did she miss all morning, she ended up missing the whole day of school because the whole experience took 2 1/2 hours and then it was time to fetch Anna. Whew. I *think* they were pretty thorough but we'll monitor how she does and may see an eye doctor in the U.S. while we're there this summer. She tried on a lot of frames but liked how these fun purple ones looked and felt. The store didn't have the widest selection so maybe we'll get another pair this summer as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment