Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween 2012 in Abu Dhabi

Halloween is not a big deal in this city but it is at our school.  The American Community School hosts a huge Fall Festival complete with a costume parade and all kinds of old-fashioned festival games (Pin the wart on the witch's nose, etc.) where kids can earn more candy than they could possibly eat.  As home room mom for Regan's class, I was mostly in charge of their booth but thanks to the help of a lot of other mom's it turned out pretty good.

Our villa complex also does a night of trick or treating as well.  And the kids' Awana class at church had a "Heroes of the Faith" dress-up night that week as well.

Ameera, Jane, Brenli and little Anna



The booth for Regan's class that I helped put together

Meredith in parade

Jane in parade

Regan in parade

Elizabeth, Regan, Anna and Meredith

Jade (*love* the beekeeper costume!), Elizabeth, Jane and Regan

Regan - a.k.a. Jessie


Meredith was an angel for "Heroes of the Faith"
dress-up night at Awana.  She got this
beautiful dress for her birthday


Mary, Queen Esther and an angel (I think Mary is shocked to hear
the news that she is going to be a mom!)


An adorable potty-training princess

Halloween party at a neighbor's

Pumpkins are *way* expensive here.  This little critter set
me back more than $20 (I put the larger ones that Meredith had
picked out back!)





No comments: